The main purpose of the Accounts Payable Specialist role is to oversee the processing and payment of all vendor invoices in EMEA. It involves working closely with the invoice processing team within Global Business Services (GBS) in India, ensuring all invoices are approved within company policy guidelines and paid within agreed payments terms. Communicating with vendors and Infor local business contacts to ensure all vendor balances are reviewed, reconciled and any invoice queries dealt with on a timely basis.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Checking all vendor invoices received are correctly addressed and include the relevant VAT details before scanning over to the processing team in India within required timelines.
- Monitoring vendor invoices through the Purchase Order matching process and appropriate approval flows to ensure they are fully approved for payment within agreed payment terms.
- Supporting the processing team in India with invoice queries/issues and communicating with the vendor or business contact where required.
- Making payment of all vendor invoices, EMEA business payroll and related payroll costs.
- Ensuring all payments and refunds on bank statement which relate to AP transactions are reflected in the AP ledger on a timely basis and within the appropriate financial period.
- Compiling weekly AP payment forecast.
- Regular review of creditor balances, ensuring any older than current month are being dealt with and any issues/reasons for holding payment are fully understood.
- Reconciling vendor statements.
Knowledge and Skills, You Bring to the Organization
- Accounts payable experience desirable, but not essential. Experience in any similar accounting, customer service, or administrative role would be considered.
- Fluency in European language in addition to English.
- Strong communication skills and customer service focused, with the ability to demonstrate a positive approach to resolving invoice/payment issues and queries.
- Ability to organise workload in a structured way, to work on own initiative where appropriate and to ensure deadlines are achieved.
ERP Today is FREE to anyone involved with the ERP sector, and always will be. It is direct mailed to end users, vendors, consultancies and independent professionals.