We’re looking for an Application Consultant who would like to re-imagine their future in a company making a difference. Delivering consultancy services across our FMS (Financial Management) customers, this is a customer-facing role, within our Professional Services team.
The Professional Services team provide optimal value to the business by ensuring accuracy and diligence in all tasks undertaken. You will be successful in this role if you are a professional who takes pride in the successful completion of their work ensuring the customers’ needs are at the forefront at all times.
Your delivery of consultancy may take place remotely from home or Advanced’s offices, or from a customer site. Travel requirements will primarily be UK wide, but may require international travel if requested.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy team and further your Consultancy career.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver implementation and solution consulting services to Advanced’s customers, on all aspects of the company’s FMS (Financial Management Solutions) for which you are trainer
- Consult on a number of implementation projects simultaneously.
- Communicate with colleagues and project leaders to deliver the best solution for the projects
- Work closely with our Project Managers to ensure customer satisfaction at all stages of an implementation, whilst including regular feedback on issues, opportunities and scope management
- Analyse business processes in order to gain an understanding of the business inputs and outputs that drive the customers’ business and requirements for software implementation
- Own to completion, and manage deadlines for, tasks and deliverables e.g. produce requirements documentation clearly and concisely, evaluate delivery to specification and to meet customer business needs
- Provide problem resolution, prioritising high impact defects or customer sensitive issues, by working with support and development teams to resolve each problem
- Engage with pre-sales activities and play an active role in revenue generation when required
- Keep abreast of all product related release changes and benefits, along with relevant statutory and legislative requirements
- Build successful team, supplier and customer relationships
- Contribute to the development of Professional Services through the generation of new delivery ideas and improved processes; focussing on customer experience
- Provide ad hoc consultancy in the use of the company products and solutions post implementation
- Respond, in a timely manner, to all departmental and company required administrative activities
We would like you to have:
- Proven experience of budgeting & forecasting solutions and a good knowledge of public sector requirements
- Experience of delivering consultancy and operating within a professional services team
- Existing Financial Systems knowledge
- Relevant accountancy knowledge or qualifications to converse with professional managers
- Knowledge of the software implementation and development life cycles
- Experience in documentation of business requirements, analysis, and solutions
- Technical problem solving and root cause analysis experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to lead discussions and workshops to explain options, gain agreement on the method of implementing the solution and to set customer expectations
- A “self-starter” attitude with the ability and motivation to deliver work to a high standard
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to influence others
- Adaptability and to be a fast learner who enjoys a challenge and is flexible to change
- Willingness to take the initiative in problem identification and solution provision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent project team working skills; used to following and refining the standards and procedures used for the provision of solutions. Provides support and assistance to other members of the group
- Good organisational skills (time management, administration etc.) with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Ability and expectation to travel as required
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave – 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Advanced Perks At Work – Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Charity Fundraising – Proud to be a Patron of The Prince’s Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance – 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different –we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can re-imagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!
|Job Category||Professional Services|
ERP Today is FREE to anyone involved with the ERP sector, and always will be. It is direct mailed to end users, vendors, consultancies and independent professionals.