SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Objective of the Industry Cloud Business/Enterprise Architect is to drive the Architecture Strategy and Planning of SAP Industry Cloud Solutions (for Automotive/Industrial Machinery, & Components) jointly with our Development Organization and IBU and drive co-innovation with a small set of early customers based on their business strategy and outcome desired. A major focus of the role will be to ensure the customer is successful and referenceable, but also that the solution(s) are successful.
ROLE EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Work closely with the account team to understand customer strategy & requirements to achieve a defined business outcome
- Facilitate & Orchestrate required VAT experts from Pre-sales and other SAP organizations (COE, IVE, IBU, partners etc.) to refine the capabilities required to solve for the expected Business Outcome
- Help define the account plan, solution vision and portfolio and architecture strategy. Incorporate ‘design thinking’ approaches where appropriate
- Work jointly with Development and IBU to define/refine specific Industry Cloud Solutions that meet the requirements of early customers through joint co-innovation
- Support refinement of the Business model, potential prospects and roadmap for the solution
- Act as a trusted Industry Cloud Architect/Advisor to executives (internal to SAP and to our customers)
- Stay current on the SAP roadmap, architecture strategy, customer successes, and value proposition across SAP’s solution portfolio
- This is a global role and will involve working with global teams, regional teams, and companies/partners across time zones.
- Work directly with other teams focused on Industry Cloud to ensure we have the proper demos, prototypes, video assets, and enablement in place that will allow SAP to scale the support of these offerings in the years to come.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Master equivalent (MS/MBA): preferred
- Industry and/or SAP Certification a plus
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture concepts
- In-depth understanding of SAP corporate strategy, solution portfolio and Business platform
- Deep knowledge of assigned Industry(s) including future trends and capabilities required
- Leadership skills in driving VAT engagements to define the target state architecture and roadmap
- Enterprise Mindset to help craft the end state architecture and roadmap to getting there
- Strong presentation and communication skills, combined with an entrepreneurial, creative, and innovative mindset
- Self-starter motivated to learn & problem solve through complex challenges
- Executive communication of the defined Roadmap and Architecture in context of Value and Business outcomes
- Ability to conduct Executive visioning sessions that create a common view of the “art of the possible”
- Innovation in incorporating new thinking, skills, and approaches to engaging & delivering customer events.
- Relevant strategic consulting/presales roles
- Experience supporting and leading complex customer engagements (preferably in the required Industry(s))
- Experience in working and presenting to ‘C’ level executives in both IT and Business.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
ERP Today is FREE to anyone involved with the ERP sector, and always will be. It is direct mailed to end users, vendors, consultancies and independent professionals.