This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic Technical Consultant to join an established Consulting Services Team within a leading ERP software company.
Your role will play a key part in the Consulting Services success; and that of the company’s relationship with external customers.
Your main tasks will be:
As a Lead Technical Consultant, you will participate in consulting engagements and assume responsibility for performing implementation tasks and producing quality deliverables on Epicor ERP.
Following Epicor’s Signature Methodology, you will work with your Customers, Partners and presale consultant to:
- Provide billable consulting services on customer-facing projects.
- Responsible for sizing and specifying hardware requirements and application installation
- Working with your Project Manager to organise and control tasks within the project plan
- Deployment, technical training, and troubleshooting analysis of Epicor applications
- Consulting services for designing, estimating, quoting, architecting, engineering, training, troubleshooting, and obtaining customer deployment and sign-off of Epicor applications
- Customisations and modifications including SSRS reports.
Additional responsibilities may include peer mentoring and new product release research to learn how new products that Epicor offers can be deployed, configured, and customised/modified in order to train other consultants within their team.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide high quality consulting and implementation services to Epicor’s clients.
- Interact with company and customers/managers on cost/schedule monitoring.
- Responsible for achieving defined utilisation and revenue goals
- Identify additional product/services opportunities on customer sites
- A self-driven and ambitious individual that can demonstrate the ability to perform tasks with quality and in a timely manner with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to earn the respect of our customers through demonstration of adaptability, tact, commitment, resourcefulness, and proactive communications.
- Accomplished at building strong working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Accustomed to acting with integrity and have a track record of excellent problem-solving skills.
- SQL Server Maintenance (install, upgrade, troubleshoot, backup/restore)
- SQL Analysis (tracing, querying, monitoring)
- SQL Scripting (T-SQL, Indexing, complex/structured queries, stored procedures)
- SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) (Design, build, deploy)
- System Administration of Windows server Operating systems and associated technologies (IIS, RDS etc)
- Administration of web/server-side applications
- PowerShell/ Batch Scripting experience advantageous
- Experience with Virtualisation (VMWare/Hyper-V) or Cloud (Azure/ AWS) platforms
- 5 year’s professional experience working in a similar technical role
- External customer facing experience (client side)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Ability to operate independently as well as part of a team
- Establish and build effective relationships with customers both internal and external
- Provide information and feedback to customers in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner ensuring that key information is communicated effectively
- Act as a trusted advisor to the customer on technical aspects of work.
- Server Environment Planning
- System Analysis (performance troubleshooting & environment mapping)
- System Training Delivery (technical overviews, end user training, train the trainer)
- Proficient trouble shooter with technical background.
Nice to have skills but not essential:
- Server Environment Planning
- System Architecture Design and Implementation
- Security (SSL certificates, locked down systems, Segregation of Duties)
- Experience of leading a small team, of technical consultants
Epicor consultants work on site with customers across the UK. Ability to travel to customer sites with overnight stays is mandatory. Overseas travel is also sometimes required however it is expected that this role is UK based. Home working is also available when the tasks permit.
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
Please note that applications are welcome from those who can live and work in the UK without sponsorship.
ERP Today is FREE to anyone involved with the ERP sector, and always will be. It is direct mailed to end users, vendors, consultancies and independent professionals.