SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Physical Security – Applications Programmer will manage the system configuration, programming, integration and project closeout/support for all physical security applications for all SAP projects within the EMEA region. These physical security system applications shall include but not be limited to:
- Access Control System (ACS)
- Visitor Identity Management System (VIM)
- Video Management System (VMS)
- Security Communication System (SCS)
The Physical Security – Applications Programmer will ensure that each project is in full compliance with SAP global physical security standards, policies and procedures. This shall include all city, country or regional governance that may also apply to the system programming, configuration and/or integration as it relates to life safety, general data protection regulations and accessibility/disability requirements.
The Physical Security – Applications Programmer will provide close coordination with the Global Head – Physical Security Applications and Technology, regional applications manager, operational regional head, sub-regional heads and security system coordinators as needed on all projects to ensure a full understanding of each projects design, programming, license management, final test and inspection, warranty/preventative maintenance schedules and spare parts management.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
- Provide expert level programming as it relates to all application configuration, integration and reporting. Projects include new construction and renovation (driven by Global Real Estate & Facilities), or system replacements and/or additions.
- Program the main user interface (single pane of glass) for all systems to provide effective and efficient situational awareness for all system activity. (i.e. alarms, events, response instructions, contact information, etc.)
- Pro-actively identify physical and program security requirements, problems, and sound solutions; imparting expertise of physical security systems, concepts, and infrastructure into the specified facility lifecycle.
- Assess and modify system programming for all physical security systems to address system issues. Training courses on all current software applications will be provided.
- Participate in working groups to identify, examine, negotiate, and resolve physical security mandates, concerns, and issues. Serve as liaison to GPS management, provide reports, champion internal goals and manage system reports, metrics and key point indicators (KPI’s)
- Assist in providing training on all physical security system applications. Including but not limited to the professional services training provided by integration partners, training documentation for all physical security applications, and training management within the region from year to year. All training shall be roles based, specific to the system training needs of all operators, administrators and super-users.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles and methods of physical security systems and identify new hardware and software solutions that may be integrated with current physical security standards.
- Experience in reading and interpreting architectural, reflected ceiling, HVAC and electrical schematics via hard copy and in programs such as AutoCAD or Visio.
- Ability to diagnose, isolate, and resolve physical security system issues as they relate to basic performance, integration and alarm/event capabilities.
- Manage and execute day to day delivery of multiple technology projects throughout the region.
- Manage relationships with technology partners and service providers to ensure proven, best in class technology solutions.
- Seek to drive design and operational excellence and quality assurance by providing best practices, problem solving, and guidance within their area of responsibility.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- 15 years’ experience in physical security industry or equivalent (military, law enforcement, etc.) or 10 years’ minimum experience in corporate physical security
- 10 years’ experience in physical security programming, configuration and integration of enterprise class access control and video management system platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year) in associated field plus professional industry certifications in the physical security field.
- Retain manufacturer training certifications in:
- Software House C◦Cure 9000
- Genetec – Omnicast/Security Center
- Foreign language skills particularly those of the Area of Responsibility (desirable), comprehensive English language written and spoken a must.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
ERP Today is FREE to anyone involved with the ERP sector, and always will be. It is direct mailed to end users, vendors, consultancies and independent professionals.