This role of Professional Services Director for Public, Private and Third takes overall responsibility for the combined Divisional teams within Professional Services, encompassing Software and Services Delivery across a high volume of projects delivering c. £18m in revenues per annum, spanning 15 markets.
Through close operational management and delivery of specific strategic and tactical initiatives, the role holder will ensure the Services Teams are skilled and matched with the demands of the business to ensure optimal operational effectiveness. The role holder will be an experienced and motivational leader, able to thrive in a high-intensity and high-demand environment, whilst remaining focussed on delivering to agreed objectives and management to defined KPIs.
Helping to build on our foundations, you will be tasked with growing a high-performing Services Team, with the ability to operate across the breadth of the product-lines across the Division. In turn, you will be responsible for facilitating the development of product and consulting skills across the team, working directly with the Team Managers to deliver continuous improvement, working with the Sales Managers to ensure that we have the right demand for our teams, and execute on the revenue and associated targets for the Division.
What you will be doing
- Driving the Professional Services organisation to deliver to agreed Revenue, Margin, Utilisation, CSAT and Delivery Execution targets
- Take responsibility for overall quality of Services Delivery across the Division and own the oversight of reporting to enable improvement initiatives and execution against targets
- Own the overall quality and accuracy for delivery of all engagements across the Division
- Drive best practice and foster a culture of continuous improvement and high performance throughout your team and the business
- Work with your team to create development and training plans to build on and grow existing skills to meet the adapting needs of the business and its customers
- Ensure the customer experience and overall customer satisfaction is at the forefront of each client engagement we embark on
- Help to deliver effective utilisation across the Professional Services team, ensuring the team are skilled appropriately and we can balance the work effectively between all members
- Recommending and agreeing key annual projects to further the service quality and or revenue annually and planning to implement
- Work with the Project Office to ensure that all Services are invoiced according to the terms of the customer contracts.
- Ensure that consultants have sufficient information to deliver assignments effectively, liaising with Project Managers and other stakeholders as required to ensure correct processes are being followed
- Ensure that Professional Services project governance and delivery processes are complied with by the consultants within the team
- Help enable scheduled work and all follow-up actions being completed in an accurate and timely manner, and help to facilitate close working relationships between Consulting Managers, Consultants and Project Managers
- Provide second-level escalation for resourcing request, conflicts, and project issues
- Act as Project Sponsor for Key Projects
- Ensure team meetings or workshops are productive, documented and actions completed to help drive improvement initiatives across the business
- Help in managing the project backlog to maximise existing opportunities and turn orders to revenue
- Help ensure the Services team meet (or exceed) monthly targets for Customer Satisfaction, Revenue Conversion, Margin, Utilisation and execution measures such as time to start, time to value and debt backlog
- Provide Pre-Sales resources to support the sales processes around New & Base Business growth vis the existing Services team
- Play an active role in the generation of new orders by fostering a close working relationship with the New Business and Account Management teams, assisting with proposals, and contributing to account management planning meetings both internal and external
What you will have
- You have the ability to inspire and lead a team to strive for delivery excellence and continuous improvement
- You are experienced as a Leader with a Consulting or Professional Services environment focused around the Technology or Software sector
- You have experience of Pre-Sales Consultancy and Project/Services Definition
- You have experience of managing a remote team of Services professionals of approx. 100 heads
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- You are highly organised with the ability to prioritise multiple priorities
- You are highly analytical and able to work to KPIs (including utilisation, daily rates, backlog)
What we do for you
- Generous Annual Leave – 25 days, plus public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Employee Assistance Programme – Advice, support, and counselling 24/7
- Life insurance – 4x times salary
- Top Achievers Club – Our yearly VIP trip includes flights, transfers and accommodation to recognise excellence in our employees
- 65% Internal Mobility – Committed to the development & growth of our people
- Advanced Perks At Work – Exclusive employee discounts & benefits portal
- Charity Fundraising – Proud to be a Patron of The Prince’s Trust; every employee is entitled to one day of volunteering each year
- Pension Scheme – Up to 5% matched contribution
- Income protection insurance
Who we are
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest and most successful software companies. Our products sit at the heart of some of the country’s best-known businesses, charities and public sector organisations, powering their key services and functions. Driven by the millions of people who interact with our products every day in hospitals, schools, transport providers, sports clubs and a wide range of instantly recognisable brands, in our 8-year history we’ve already grown phenomenally quickly with a £254m turnover and 2,300 staff serving over 19,000 customers across the UK.
|Job Category||Professional Services|
ERP Today is FREE to anyone involved with the ERP sector, and always will be. It is direct mailed to end users, vendors, consultancies and independent professionals.