SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP’s Next-Generation ERP Software is SAP S/4HANA and it is built to take advantage of SAP’s industry-leading in-memory computing platform, SAP HANA. One of the key deployment options for our customers is a Private Cloud environment. SAP provides comprehensive cloud infrastructure and managed service offerings for the private cloud and therefore acting as an essential part of the overall Cloud Strategy of SAP. SAP allows customers to run their SAP S/4 HANA and HANA applications, including SAP® Business Suite powered by SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver® Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA, in a managed private cloud environment either in SAP’s own datacenters, IaaS Hyperscalers and in customers’ existing datacenters with our HANA Enterprise Cloud, Customer Edition offering. SAP has established strategic partnerships with the major public cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), to offer customers choice for their SAP private cloud deployment. Being part of SAP’s presales organization, we are looking for highly motivated and customer-focused team members to strengthen the Cloud Architecture & Advisory team (CAA). The Cloud Architect acts as a primary point of contact for all technical topics from customer perspective and is working closely with all the other internal teams.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
This is a customer facing role where you will support the sales teams during the entire cycle of a Cloud deal. Following are the key tasks that this role will perform:
- Present in detail the S/4 HANA Cloud Extended Edition and the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud service offering (usually to CIO’s, IT managers, data center managers and SAP Technology and Operations staff).
- Present the technical requirements and value proposition for SAP private cloud on Hyperscalers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Conduct detailed technical workshops with customers to define the future Cloud architecture and plan the migration roadmap together with Professional Services.
- Guide customers around Business Continuity, Security & Compliance, Networks etc..
- Work with BID teams to generate pricing and provide ongoing deal support to sales teams.
- Own the technical discussions with the customer and act as the orchestrator of experts to obtain expertise from the SAP delivery organization as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Business Administration required from an accredited university.
- High proficiency in customer communications and presentations is required.
- Good understanding of SAP technologies (releases, platform interdependencies etc.).
- Good understanding of the entire platform stacks (storage, virtualization, hardware, networks etc.).
- Good understanding of technical capabilities of at least one Hyperscaler (AWS; MS Azure or GCP).
- Ability and willingness to be part of a team of Cloud Architects.
- Willingness to undertake customer related travel on short notice.
- Fluency in English is a MUST, any other language an asset.
- 5+ years of hands-on customer facing SAP Technology Consulting experience (e.g. Basis Admin, DB Admin, Migrations, Upgrades, Business Continuity etc.).
- Experience with IaaS Providers (AWS, MS Azure or GCP) and data centers is a big advantage.
- SAP HANA and S/4 HANA skills would be very helpful but not mandatory.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
ERP Today is FREE to anyone involved with the ERP sector, and always will be. It is direct mailed to end users, vendors, consultancies and independent professionals.