IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations.
The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector.
Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.
IFS UK seeks an experienced Solution Architect to play a key role in implementation of IFS Service Management Solutions by providing the necessary business process consulting, training, documentation, and applications consulting to ensure the customer’s success in using IFS Service Management Solutions as a tool to improve overall business performance.
This role will provide a focal point for the development of the solution design across all functional areas and for the coordination of that design between the consulting team and the customer PM/core project team.
Working very closely with the IFS Project Manager and support the following;
- Coordinate the solution design across all of the functional areas within the consulting team
- Understand the business objectives and the role the Software implementation plays in delivering those objectives and develop business related knowledge to be able to understand and solve customer requirements
- Understand the key business benefits of the Software implementation and identify what will constitute a successful implementation
- Routinely question and challenge the key decisions that are taken in relation to the solution design to ensure they are robust and will deliver the solution.
- Work with the IFS team to evaluate if the customer is reaching a required level of competence through the project phases
- Secure successful implementations of IFS Solutions by providing services
Perform activities related to building and coordinating with other Business Consultants within the Organisation. These activities include, but are not limited to;
- Provide training and mentoring to other Business Consultants within the Organisation
- Work with the Consulting Leadership Team to identify needs for application training and development and be responsible for coordinating and implementing those programs
- Work closely with other Business Consultants to ensure a complete solution is provided to customer and is the best fit in all areas
At a task level, following are the critical tasks he/she has responsibility for;
- Together with the PM and consultants, including partners, attend the Sales Handover meeting and ensure that all necessary information is properly reviewed, understood and actions assigned where necessary
- Provide input into the delivery of the first revision of the customer’s Tracker (Project Plan) and the workshop schedule.
- Participate in the Project Kick Off meeting with the IFS PM and customer PM/core project team to communicate the message of what is involved in a Software Project such as our approach to workshops.
- The Solution Architect will liaise with the Consultants to ensure they have set up enough data for their initial workshop/training sessions starting with the fast-flow.
- Recommend and confirm with the consulting team the overall solution design that is presented to the customer in the “confirm prototype” phase,
- Ensure that the solution is documented to a level (agreed with the project manager) within the scope. To convey that the IFS consulting team that is engaged understands the customer business requirements and goals.
- Manage the CRIM (Configurations, Reports, Interfaces and Modifications) listing on behalf of the project manager.
- Manage the Basic Data Requirements to support the recommended solution on behalf of the project manager.
- Regularly review Contact Reports from all consultants and coordinate actions between each functional area to ensure a joined-up approach.
- Hold a regular monthly status update call with the consultants and further schedule, chair and minute regular periodic internal Solution Review meetings with the consulting team.
- Provide the IFS PM with a monthly statement of progress for all functional areas which can be used in the IFS Monthly Status Report
- In conjunction with the Steering Group Meeting meet with the customer PM/core project team to assist them to plan, coordinate, review and control the development of the detailed solution design.
- Together with the IFS PM, understand the impact and consequences of any Change Requests on the development of the solution design and plan, coordinate and control how these are handled
- Provide guidance to the customer PM/core project team with documenting step-by-step guides and Solution Definition Documents
- Together with the IFS PM, schedule and coordinate Solution walk-throughs/reviews with the customer PM/core project team as required through the project.
- Review adequacy of test scripts and strategy for each testing cycle
- Together with the IFS PM, provide guidance to the customer PM/core project team in preparing end-user training documentation
- Extensive experience in Service Management
- Experience in Service Management implementation or systems experience
- Must have good presentation, organisational, and documentation skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Must have good training skills
- Functional knowledge of Software applications, and must be able to apply such knowledge to help solve the customer’s business requirements
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly, communicate ideas effectively, define and lead team efforts, and utilise flexibility and creativity to present a variety of solutions
- Must be able to analyse and/or design business processes
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% or more with potential for extended stints of continuous travel (when applicable)
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues.
With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
|Job Category||Service Management|
ERP Today is FREE to anyone involved with the ERP sector, and always will be. It is direct mailed to end users, vendors, consultancies and independent professionals.