Industry 4.0 has the ability to transform the manufacturing industry and open new opportunities for success. Through the power of digitisation, manufacturers can optimise their processes and enhance their offerings.
According to IDC, just 30% of manufacturers investing in transforming the digital operations of their business will reach their full potential; the majority will be constrained by outdated business models and technology.
Leveraging cloud-connected technologies, manufacturers can perfect their production processes by minimising downtime, neglect, waste, and inefficiency.
How can the cloud enhance business processes?
Moving to cloud-based technologies can help to streamline business processes, reduce downtime, and much more. Businesses who stick with outdated legacy systems aren’t just missing out on this key component of Industry 4.0, they’re destined to be left behind.
Cloud technologies can enhance business processes by offering:
Improved reliability/minimal downtime – cloud technology allows for almost all IT to be hosted remotely, ensuring that business-critical systems can always stay up and running.
Collaboration support and labour efficiency – wherever they may be, cloud technology connects your stakeholders to your projects and fosters stronger collaboration. This connectivity also supports tasks that can be managed through automation, allowing the staff who oversee to focus on more innovative tasks.
Improved supply chain management – By providing a complete overview of the supply chain, cloud technology allows you to view, manage, and control various aspects to ensure accuracy for manufacturing and delivery times.
Transparency for tracking and monitoring – Cloud computing allows businesses to track and monitor the performance of multiple production processes to ensure accurate delivery to customers.
Reducing risks in cost and production – data generated from daily operations can be turned into actionable insights to mitigate risks in cost and production.
Faster cycle times – Cloud technologies can be used to automate pricing, quoting, and customer approval workflows to ensure accurate orders and efficient cycle times.
Improved customer experience – Implementing a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) system can help you manage the customer journey to improve the overall customer experience.
7 tips to successfully implement cloud technology
When it comes to implementing cloud technology, there are a number of aspects that businesses must be aware of to reap the full benefits. These 7 tips will help you to embrace cloud solutions and ensure success from the start.
1. Outline your project goals and prioritise the challenges you’d like to solve using cloud software.
2. Determine how much time should be spent on onboarding and implementation and account for any possible downtime.
3. Determine what resources are required and what the budget is for the project.
4. Establish who the stakeholders and people responsible for the project will be and if any special designations must be made.
5. Put measures and checklists in place to accurately evaluate potential solutions and ensure they meet your requirements.
6. Consider which vendor is right for your business by thinking ahead – how will they support your business in the future, and will the software grow with your business?
7. Think about how to get started once you’ve selected your software. Do they provide an account manager? They can help you throughout your lifecycle with the product and assist with your business-specific processes.
Cloud technology is a key component of Industry 4.0 and many businesses are digitising their processes to simplify their processes, no matter where they are. For manufacturers, cloud technologies open new doors for innovation and enhanced efficiency to improve their offerings and satisfy their customers.
For a deeper understanding of how to empower your business through Industry 4.0 technology and navigate an infinite number of potential service providers, download our free eBook here: