When you’re sourcing an ERP system for your facility, it should be with your business strategy in mind. What applications you need, what scale you’re producing at, and any specialisations. Adaptive ERP can integrate seamlessly to your business plan, making it the only real option for ERP.
The only constant in the manufacturing industry is change. Competition drives it. Technology fuels it. The accelerating pace of change is impacting the market’s manufacturers serve and the way in which they manufacture.
The ability of ERP to respond to change, to deliver fit over time and continue to support new business processes, will determine its effectiveness. Many traditional ERPs were not designed for change and do not support “last mile” functionality unique to a manufacturer.
To overcome these limitations, traditional ERP relies on customisations which require considerable time and cost to implement and maintain. As vendors release new ERP versions, customisations make upgrading incredibly difficult; each customisation needs to be tested in the new release and many will break and many will break and require re-development.
The combination of poor initial fit and long- term inflexibility inevitably leads to the need for a new ERP, but unfortunately many manufacturers repeat the death cycle of ERP by investing in another inflexible ERP. This results in higher IT costs, but more importantly, higher business costs and risks and an inability to respond to change and opportunities.
QAD Adaptive ERP enables manufacturers to maximize the return on their ERP investment by easily achieving greater levels of fit today and rapidly responding to change for tomorrow. It is built with industry best practices for global manufacturers based on QAD’s deep industry-specific expertise. The result is faster implementations and greater fit out of the box.
- Built on the QAD Enterprise Platform, QAD Adaptive ERP make is easy to develop and maintain “last-mile” functionality that provides manufacturers with their competitive advantage. Extensions and new apps can be created in a low code/no code environment and, unlike intrusive customisations, do not create rigidity that interferes with upgrades.
- Embedded analytics provide decision makers with actionable insights that reduce the time required to take action based on changing data and a changing competitive landscape.
- Continuous improvement projects typically focus on a narrow set of processes where the greatest return on investment can be achieved. The modular design of QAD Adaptive ERP allows customers to select only the areas of the application they want to upgrade − without needing to upgrade the entire application. This modular approach makes upgrades smaller, faster and easier.
- QAD Adaptive ERP supports changing users’ business requirements, preferences and roles through intuitive personalization and a flexible, modern user experience.
- QAD Adaptive ERP implements quickly and reliability, particularly in the QAD Cloud, and is supported 24×7, worldwide by a committed team of experts. It is a multi-language, multi-currency, multi-entity solution designed to meet the needs of global manufacturers – today and well into the future.